Right of the Week - WB 15th June 2020
Article 2: The right to all of the rights, no matter where you come from, what you look like, where you live or what your parents do!
Visit our RRSA for more information - https://sites.google.com/hwbcymru.net/meadowlanerrsa/home
Meadowlane Primary's i-Rights group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Rights group meet once a fortnight to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to promote children's rights and work together to achieve the Unicef Rights Respecting School Award.
Meadowlane i-Rights so far:
- We have identified where we would like to label the rights around the school
- We have started to label the rights around the school
- We have discussed the Rights Respecting School Award
- Celebrated World Children's Day
- Achieved the Bronze Rights Respecting School Award
- Carried out RRSA assemblies for the whole school.
- Assembly on the UNICEF Shoe Share event that we are taking part in
- Introduced February 2019 Right of the Month: Article 24 - The right to an education (Took part in UNICEF Shoe Share)
- Introduced April 2019 Right of the Month: Article 28 - The right to be healthy (Took part in Walking to school survey)
- Introduced May 2019 Right of the Month:Article 27 -The right to a good standard of living (Took part in Christian Aid Charity spare change collection)
- Introduced June 2019 Right of the Month: Article 6 - The right to be alive
- Introduced July 2019 Right of the Month:
Article 31: The right to rest and play!
Click here for more information.