Meadowlane Primary's i-Voice group is made up of 2 year 5/6 children from each i-group. The i-Voice group meet once a fortnight to share what they have covered in their i-groups and also to discuss any whole school matters.
Meadowlane i-Voice so far:
- Had their first meeting, discussed i-Voice, their role, what is expected of them and made arrangements for monitoring week.
- Took part in whole school monitoring week observing lessons.
- Attended the Grand Council 'Shout Out About Play' event at Channel View
- Attend fortnightly i-Voice meetings to discuss various matters
- Shared information about i-Voice with parents in our 'This is Us' parent open morning.
- Science monitoring week questionnaire.
- Monitoring week
- Video called Phillipstown Primary school i-Voice group to introduce ourselves and share what i-group we are all part of.
Meadowlane Primary's i-Rights group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Rights group meet once a fortnight to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to promote children's rights and work together to achieve the Unicef Rights Respecting School Award.
Meadowlane i-Rights so far:
- We have identified where we would like to label the rights around the school
- We have started to label the rights around the school
- We have discussed the Rights Respecting School Award
- Celebrated World Children's Day
- Achieved the Bronze Rights Respecting School Award
- Carried out RRSA assemblies for the whole school.
- Assembly on the UNICEF Shoe Share event that we are taking part in
- Introduced February 2019 Right of the Month: Article 24 - The right to an education (Took part in UNICEF Shoe Share)
- Introduced April 2019 Right of the Month: Article 28 - The right to be healthy (Took part in Walking to school survey)
- Introduced May 2019 Right of the Month:Article 27 -The right to a good standard of living (Took part in Christian Aid Charity spare change collection)
- Introduced June 2019 Right of the Month: Article 6 - The right to be alive
- Introduced July 2019 Right of the Month:
Article 31: The right to rest and play!
We received our Silver Rights Respecting
Meadowlane Primary's i-Com group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Com group meet up to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to improve and develop whole school communication.
Meadowlane i-Com so far:
- Record videos to find out what everyone has been learning about in their lessons.
- Post the videos to the school website and twitter to share with other people
Leona and DJ.
Meadowlane Primary's i-Active group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Active group meet once a fortnight to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to improve and develop whole school physical skills.
Meadowlane i-Active so far:
- The kindness team have been chosen and will be working with the playground leaders to identify acts of kindness.
- We've discussed starting Amazing Mondays.
- We've also discussed starting the 'Daily Mile!'
- Amazing Monday's started in January 2019, we have lots of activities going on, such as - dough disco, lovely languages, forest schools, yoga, games, lego, guitar, cricket and so much more!
- Well-being Wednesdays have begun where we all take part in mindfulness and breathing activities in our classes.
- Wake and Shake happens daily where the children carry out exercise activities such as - the daily mile, wake up dance routines and so on.
Meadowlane Primary's i-Tech group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Tech group meet once a fortnight to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to improve and develop whole school technology and digital skills.
Meadowlane i-Tech so far:
- i-Tech had there first meeting and discussed the role of the group (11.10.18)
- We appointed a chairperson to lead the meetings.
- We decided to use hwb to send members emails of minutes and information that will support the group in running effectively.
- Safer Internet Day 2019 assembly 05/02/2019
Meadowlane Primary's i-Global group is made up of 2 children from each class across the school. The i-Global group meet once a fortnight to create, carry out and reflect on an action plan to improve and develop whole school knowledge of looking after out world, ECO and sustainability.
Meadowlane i-Global so far:
- We have created an action plan.
- We have visited every classroom to check who needs a food bin, recycling bin and a general waste bin.
- We are designing posters to label the bins in each class.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: